I’ve always wanted to try fabric printing and was surprised by a lovely gift from friends in Afghanistan of this Afghan printing block.
So I had a little fun this morning printing onto linen with some nice turquoise paint I had at home.
I just spread a little ink on the front of the block with a paintbrush so that it wouldn’t clump as I went and that seemed to work fine.
The first two stamps didn’t come out very well but I put a towel underneath to cushion the fabric a little and it worked like a charm!
I’m not 100% sure what I’m going to do with the finished piece but it’s the right size for a nice cushion, so I could get some turquoise fabric and make a set of two matching cushions. That could be great!
It’s drying at the moment and when it’s completely dry tomorrow morning I’ll iron and start turning it into a sweet cushion!